Shops & Establishment Registration
In shop and establishment license, each state has its own way for registration but the benefits are same. Register your shop online with Filecrat in 1 day.
Shops and Establishment Registration
The Shops and Establishments Act is an initiative of government to regulate and maintain the records of the commercial establishments at regional and state level. The registration provides a legal status to such establishments and help in its proper operation without interference. Registration is also binding the employers under certain Dos and Don’ts for treatment of their employees which maintains the uniformity of benefits to employees in the region.
Each state has its own procedure for registration but the objective and benefits are same. Further, under the rules of majority of states, each shop/ establishment is required to register itself within 30 days of commencement of business. Furthermore, it is important to note registration under Shops and Establishments Act is not required for the entities falling under the purview of the Factories Act, 1948.
Objective of Registration
- Protect the rights of employer and employee under the establishment.
- Inspection of the working condition of establishment.
- Inspection of the safety measures in the establishment.
- Keeping the records of the regular activities of establishment.
- Regulation of the employment of children and women along with the subjects such as maternity leave and other benefits to them.
- Regulation of the general conditions of the employee including work conditions, payment of wages, hours of work, terms of service, wages for holidays, leave policies, overtime work and wages along with the time given to employees for meals and rest.
Benefits & Advantages
- Registration connects entities with State DIC department who is responsible to promote micro, small and medium businesses.
- Registration provides a legal identity to the entity to commence business in the locality or state without any disturbance from State government and local municipal authorities.
- Opening a current business bank account becomes easy on the basis of shop certificate. Also, it is a mandate of RBI that each shop/ establishment is required to open a bank account for daily transactions.
Each state has different rules and regulations for the registration under the Shops and Establishment Act but the basic procedure is same as follows:
STEP 1: Visit the official website of registration of the particular state and fill the application form.
STEP 2: Fill the form and attach the copies of required documents.
STEP 3: Submit the application with attached copies of documents along with the prescribed fee.
STEP 4: Application will submit to the inspector-in-charge of the concerned department.
STEP 5: Inspector will check and inquire about the application and documents.
STEP 6: After the proper inspection, registration certificate will be granted under the Act.
- Consultation with our Expert
- Filing of Form for Registration
- Registration Certificate
- PAN Card
- Board Resolution/ Consent of Partners
- Address Proof: Rent Agreement ,Utility Bill
- Details and ID Proof of all the employee under the concerned entity
- List of Directors/ Partners with their self-attested identity and address proof
- Photograph of the Shop/ establishment entrance with name Board in local language
- Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of the company/ LLP agreement
Yes, it is necessary for establishments to get registered under the Shops and Establishments Act for regulation and maintenance of record of places of business and employees at a regional and state level and any defaulted establishment would be liable to pay the penalty.
It is essential to intimate such amendment to the concerned officer within the prescribed time. An application is required to be filed before officer who will cancel the existing registration certificate and issue a fresh certificate.
Yes, it is important for an entity to intimate the respective officer and apply for surrender of the registration for closing the business. The officer will issue an order cancelling the registration.
Department of Labour deals with registration under the Shop and Establishment Act and maintains a register regarding details of employment, fines, deductions and advances, salary, holidays and other information of the entity.
It is necessary for all the commercial establishments which includes the hotels, eateries, amusement parks, theatres, entertainment houses, shops, etc. to register within 30 days of commencement of establishment.
HOW FILECRAT WORKS
With over 100+ offerings, we are here for all your filing needs
PREPARE AND REVIEW
We collect information from you and draft documents
Finalized document within the agreed turnaround time and you’re done.
Contact With Us